Monday, March 16, 2020 – 11am
We have been closely monitoring the rapidly changing developments as they relate to the coronavirus (covid-19) situation. Our reactions and decisions have been guided by communication issued by the local municipal government along with health authorities both locally and provincially.
As it stands our clinic is currently open in order for us to continue to treat and take care of our patients. Given our clinic is not a high-traffic facility we believe that we can maintain a low-risk environment. However, as the safety of our patients, as well as our staff, is of utmost importance, we are doing the following:
– Using passive screening with signage before you enter the clinic asking ALL visitors to the clinic to self-identify symptoms and if any exist, they must refrain from entering the clinic and should contact their healthcare provider.
– We are also conducting active screening at reception to confirm that you have seen and reviewed the signage at the entrance to the building.
– We are asking staff to remain at home if they show symptoms.
– We are increasing the frequency of cleaning rituals which include entrance door handles, armrests in the waiting area, the point of purchase (Interac) machine, all exercise equipment after every use and other regularly used technology in the office (keyboards and touch screens).
– We are also practicing frequent and thorough hand washing in addition to the normal practice of therapists doing so between each patient visit.
– We invite patients to request the treating therapist wear a mask if that increases their comfort level. However, we won’t be providing masks to patients. If a patient feels the need to wear or request a mask, we would ask that they refrain from coming to the clinic.
We are continuing to monitor the developing situation closely and will issue additional information as the need arises.
This is a stressful time for all of us. Remember to wash your hands frequently and carefully, and sanitize your phone. We wish you continued health and stay safe.
York Rehab Management
Comments are closed.